For the math challenged, that is an average of 1,666 words per day.
Of course, even if (and that's a BIG if) I get to 50,000 words by Dec.1, I'll have just that. A big pile of words. You're not supposed to edit as you go, so it will be the draftiest draft that ever was. And December will be the beginning of editing the morass.
I've got to get to outlining (because as usual, I've joined this party late) but for any of you who want to follow my progress, feel free to come here for periodic updates.
I can tell you this:
- I'll be consuming vast amounts of coffee.
- I'm writing a contemporary fantasy novel.
- The working title is Fragments.
- I plan to get up at 5 am every morning and spend an hour writing (I have to get up 6 am on weekdays for my kids.)
- I plan to judiciously split my time between the paying the job and doing this (instead of letting the paying job creep in and spending more time on it than I need, which often happens.)
- Giving up evening TV--except for the Walking Dead. Because The Walking Dead.